Monday, October 12, 2009

Blog # 2

After seeing a couple of those Pbs video's on Thursday afternoon, and looking back at them now, I still feel the same way.

I feel like some were the generalized dreams that most of us have in our minds but I also found some people who were different and I liked their opinions the most. David Baker wanted a total re-vamp of the system, well not to the extend of some radical politicians but he feels that this country has taken some steps that he was not fully behind and he wants the nation to make up for them. What made David Baker and another: David Beckmann stand out were that they wanted for their dreams a better life for others. David Baker talked about global warming and how we must take action against it, also about decent health care, a new healthcare system that will have everyone insured and protected. Baker talked also about education and a standard life of retirement guarentee. Perhaps he wants alittle too much for the present but I think that it is good to have large goals that can be completed at a later time. David Beckmann stood out because he talked very briefly about hunger in the world and said simply that we can change it, and that it is a reality, I believe this and I think thats all we have to know before we strive to reduce it.

My own view is somewhat similar but godawfully more selfish. I want transcend my existence. That is my American dream, and in short I think it is THE american dream. Afterall, why do we seek to improve the our situations? In most cases to improve lives for the others around us and our children, in otherwards we do good to be remembered well...we are selfish. Sure huge and fancy things are nice but those are not my cup of tea, those are material things and do not grant emotional pleasure past a few weeks or months maybe. My American dream is to write a book and then die. Dieing will grant that book a profound existence, as if it is the last trace of someone, and in that book I will include EVERY single tradgedy and obstacle that I've faced (Which lately have been so abundant that my life seems to almost be in decline.) I will also include EVERY single triumph and pleasure I've experienced and describe them for others to see and feel and assume onto themselves. Finally I will fill the book with my all of my knowledge that I have, all the life lessons that I have learned and have picked up, I will write these down and formulate them into One big story that will transend my existence. This is my american dream, and I don't see how this is any different from aspiring to own a big house or have a big family (which would be nice, don't get me wrong) or nice car.

No comments:

Post a Comment